Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling is
enjoying more freedom under manager Pep

  1. Guardiola, though he has warned his best is yet

to come.
After struggling on and off the field last season,
Sterling has quickly emerged as one of
Guardiola's key men at the Etihad Stadium this
term.
Sterling has scored four goals and recorded two
assists in 12 Premier League appearances, with
City third in the standings and only a point off
top spot.
And the 21-year-old England international has
credited Guardiola for his resurgence.
"You've not seen the best of me yet," Sterling
said.
"I'm getting there but there's a lot more to
come. I'm taking risks. My confidence is getting
better and it's making me more quick-thinking.
"He [Guardiola] gives me freedom – I'm free to
express myself and to try to create and score
goals. I want to become more ruthless in front of
goal – I need to be scoring more. In due time it
will come.
"I feel happy, most importantly. The team is near
the top of the table and not too far behind the
leaders.
"I'm really enjoying playing my football. That's
the most important thing for me, being free and
enjoying my football."
City host league-leading Chelsea in a blockbuster
showdown in Manchester on Saturday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biafra memories: PHOTOS and VIDEO of Ojukwu bunker