Valencia should have been Real Madrid Right-Back - Mourinho Confesses

Jose Mourinho tried to sign Antonio Valencia
when he was at Real Madrid and always saw
him as a potential star at right-back.

The Manchester United boss was in charge at
Santiago Bernabeu between 2010 and 2013,
when Valencia was a winger in the early
stages of his Old Trafford career.
The 31-year-old has since been reinvented as a
full-back and has started 10 of United's 12
Premier League games – only missing time for a
broken arm - under Mourinho, who has long
been an admirer.
"I tried to sign Antonio a number of years ago,
when I was at Madrid," Mourinho said to MUTV.
"Even though he was not playing right-back at
the time, I thought he could be phenomenal in
that position. As it was, United told me 'no
chance!'
"I am not surprised by his form this season. He
has been clean of injuries, save for an operation
on his arm which did not keep him out for long,
and I have also been able to keep him fresh by
resting him in certain Europa League games.
"I think he is the right-back to give us the
maximum we can in terms of our attacking
football."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Biafra memories: PHOTOS and VIDEO of Ojukwu bunker